Psalm 136

All the days ordained for us were written in his book before one of them came to be.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A First Today

I am going to attempt a first this afternoon... try to help someone else learn to sew! A student of mine asked me if I could and I bravely told her I would... good thing my mom is just a quick cell phone call away if I get stuck at some point. Mom did help me brainstorm some simple projects to start with... place mats, hot pads, a simple purse... we shall see how this turns out!

Every time I sew my mom always comments, "Grammy Carter would be glad to see you sewing." Grammy was the first one to teach me anything homey/crafty and so many of the traditions I hope to pass on to my children were passed down from her. Sewing, making quilts and making Christmas Candy are just a few of those!

Today is a test run of me trying to teach someone else to sew. Someday maybe I will also have the opportunity to teach one of my own children, grandchildren or great grandchildren.

For those few of you that do happen to be reading this... that last line was not a hint that I am pregnant so please don't assume that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment