However, in the midst of actually working really hard this summer, much harder and longer hours than I probably should have, I have spent a good amount of time diving into many sewing projects this summer and have enjoyed each of them.
So with school just around the corner, I wanted to get the rest of the quilt top finished up that I posted in the last blog. I knew once the school year got started that finding a chunk of time to get it finished up would not be easy.
Yesterday, I cut out all the borders, swayed from the pattern just a bit for the corners and got the quilt top finished. I have a huge sense of accomplishment with this as it is the first true quilt I have ever completed (well mostly completed, it still needs to be quilted and then put the binding on).
The Mostly Finished Quilt
My Favorite Two Blocks
The corners of the quilt were supposed to be one solid square, but I decided to do a four-patch square to use some of the fabric I liked from this line that wasn't included in the jelly roll so it didn't make it into any of the actual quilt blocks.