Psalm 136

All the days ordained for us were written in his book before one of them came to be.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Just Wing It

Recently I joined a club through A Joyful Soul Fabrics. Joining this club was a big step for me because with the club membership I would be getting a jelly roll of a different fabric line each month as well as a book of patterns that use strips from jelly rolls to complete the patterns. I had never sewn with fabric from a jelly roll and had never really figured out any patterns on my own with the exception of the throw pillows I made last week.

The club actually started in May so I was a few months behind but decided to go ahead and purchase the fabric from the months I had missed.

The package arrived on Thursday! There is just something special about getting mail.

I instantly loved each line of fabric. You can go to A Joyful Soul Fabrics site to see each line if you'd like.

I perused the pattern book, Let the Good Times Roll and decided on the Fresh Linens pattern which also called for a charm pack to use with the jelly roll. I called my favorite quilt shop in Wichita, Material Girls Quilt Shoppe, to see if they had the Just Wing It line of fabric which they did.

Yesterday I went down to Material Girls. Unfortunately they did not have a charm pack for Just Wing it, but they did have a layer cake that can be cut into the squares that I needed for the pattern. I also picked out some of the fabrics from the line for the borders.

Last night I dove in and got all the small blocks cut out (cutting out was easy using the jelly roll and layer cake) and sewn together. Today I tried a couple of different layouts for the larger blocks and got the entire quilt top, minus the borders, sewn together!
I am hoping to get the borders on tomorrow, but we'll see! My mom even suggested maybe I could quilt it on her longarm machine sometime... not sure if I'm ready to jump into that endeavor, but it might be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment