Psalm 136

All the days ordained for us were written in his book before one of them came to be.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Inspiration from 2011 to guide 2012

Yep, I know... shocking... Holly is finally posting another blog. You may notice that the dates of my blogs often correspond to significant time off from school. Well, I hope to change that a bit in 2012. Anyway, as I have contemplated the start of 2012 and the end of 2011, I have decided not to make the typical New Year's Resolutions because when I have done that in the past, it tends to be the things I will NOT accomplish that year. :)

However, I do really like making lists. There is something satisfying about making a list and checking things off that list. So I have decided to make some Top 10 Lists for 2012. I do not make any promises that absolutely everything on each list will be conquered or the order will remain the same, but it will at least be a starting point. So here goes...

Top 10 Books I want to Read:
1. Bloodlines by John Piper
2. Made to Stick by Chip and Dan Heath
3. Soup by Jon Gordon
4. The Help
5. 1,000 Gifts by Ann Vonscamp
6. Out Live Your Life by Max Lucado
7. The Cost of Discipleship by Dietrich Bonhoffer
8. What's So Amazing About Grace by Philip Yancey
9. Death by Love by Mark Driscoll
10. Unbroken by Laura Hildenbrand

Top 10 Sewing Projects:
1. Make myself a Southeast T-Shirt Quilt
2. Make Riley Blake baby quilt kit
3. Make Terrain by Moda quilt
4. Help Mom finish my king sized quilt
5. Complete one project from Amy Butler's Style Stitches book
6. Make Bazaar Style by Art Gallery Quilt
7.Complete one project from One-Yard Wonders book
8. Make Summer House by Moda Quilt
9. Complete one project from Amy Butler's Little Stitches for Little Ones book
10. Quilt one of my finished quilts on my mom's long arm quilting machine! :)

Top 10 Things to do Each Month:
1. Breakfast once a month with a good friend
2. Lunch once a month with a good friend
3. Post a Blog
4. Start a list of 1,000 gifts and add to it monthly
5. Random Act of Kindness to a stranger
6. Play Board Games with friends/family
7. Call a friend that lives far away
8. Try one new recipe
9. Memorize one new verse and review one
10. Visit one place in Wichita I haven't been to before (by car, by foot or by bike)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see another blog post! I've sorta given up on mine too :)

    I've read the Help - a must read! You'll love it. Unbroken was also one I couldnt put down. And 1,000 Gifts, while challenging to read, really impacted me in the end and continues to as I reflect on it daily. I've added some more from your list to my to-read list for the year. I love hearing what others are reading!

    And ps, thanks again for Maebry's quilt. She plays on it every day :)

    ReplyDelete